Azure File Sync - Stuck at Pending RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I currently have 3 node cluster setup using FS role and have installed Azure Sync Agent on all 3 nodes.

Currently I have setup 2 Sync Groups setup syncing 2 different endpoints.

One of the end points works as expected, syncing changes and all.

However, the other end point does not seems to sync and stays at 'Pending' status for past 3 days now.

I've looked at the logs and diagnostics, changed nodes but nothing seems to work.

Any suggestions?

Thank you so much

Thursday, April 4, 2019 7:23 PM

All replies

• Can you please check your event logs and let me know if you find any error message or code?

Just for clarification: Have you refer to this article.

To determine why the files are not syncing to the Azure File share, please run AFSDiag on the HomeFilesAFS sever (instructions are in the troubleshooting guide). Please send the output file (.zip file) to AZCommunity[AT]microsoft.com. Please mention "ATTN subm" in the subject field.

Additional information:

The cause is that it is possible to create file or folder names that have "invalid" characters in them. This caused the initial sync to fail.

These types of file names cannot be created (nor accessed nor renamed nor deleted) through the REST API (Portal or Storage Explorer). However they can be created (and renamed) through an SMB connection on Windows.

Solution, mount file share on Windows via SMB, walk through the entire hierarchy looking for names that are unusual (in my case it was the character \u0081), rename them, then sync will succeed.

Kindly let us know if the above helps or you need further assistance on this issue.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do click on "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Friday, April 5, 2019 4:56 AM
  • @Max_MT Just checking in to see if the above answer helped. If this answers your query, do click “Mark as Answer” and Up-Vote for the same, which might be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. And, if you have any further query do let us know.
    Thursday, April 25, 2019 7:10 AM
  • @Max_MT Just checking in to see if the above answer helped. If this answers your query, do click “Mark as Answer” and Up-Vote for the same, which might be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. And, if you have any further query do let us know.
    Tuesday, May 5, 2020 3:42 PM