none
cannot create new office app RRS feed

• Question

• I'm new for creating office app .

I'm using Visual studio 2013

I tried to create the new project for office app ,unfortunately I could not see any expand like Office/SharePoint.

I can see only the app for windows store .

Please help me how to solve this problem??

This is given steps in msdn website

To create an application-level add-in project

1. On the File menu, choose NewProject. If your integrated development environment (IDE) is set to use Visual Basic development settings, on the File menu, choose New Project.

The New Project dialog box appears.

2. In the templates pane, under the node for the language you want to use, expand Office/SharePoint.(but i cannot see any option like this)

3. Choose the Office Add-ins node.

Friday, November 22, 2013 10:53 AM

Answers

• There are only two languages you can branch through and find "App for Office 2013" or "Office Add-ins":

• Visual Basic
    • Visual C#

For example you may follow the path:

• File
    • New
    • Project...
    • Visual C#
    • Office/SharePoint
    • Apps
    • App for Office 2013 (or Office Add-ins)

RAM

Saturday, November 23, 2013 9:03 PM
  • Hi Thamarai Selvam,

Which edition of Visual Studio 2013 did you install? Do you have the Microsoft Office Developer Tool selected when installing Visual Studio 2013 (see the figure below)?

If not, I suggest you to re-run the installer and modify installed features to have “Microsoft Office Developer Tools” installed. After that, you should be able to see the “Office/SharePoint” node:

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, November 25, 2013 1:50 AM

All replies

• There are only two languages you can branch through and find "App for Office 2013" or "Office Add-ins":

• Visual Basic
    • Visual C#

For example you may follow the path:

• File
    • New
    • Project...
    • Visual C#
    • Office/SharePoint
    • Apps
    • App for Office 2013 (or Office Add-ins)

RAM

Saturday, November 23, 2013 9:03 PM
  • Hi Thamarai Selvam,

Which edition of Visual Studio 2013 did you install? Do you have the Microsoft Office Developer Tool selected when installing Visual Studio 2013 (see the figure below)?

If not, I suggest you to re-run the installer and modify installed features to have “Microsoft Office Developer Tools” installed. After that, you should be able to see the “Office/SharePoint” node:

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, November 25, 2013 1:50 AM