none
Unable to associate app with the store RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all!

I have created a Universal Windows 10 javascript app, which is just a wrapper for my website until I can finish the native app.  I followed the video here, it is trivial:

http://blogs.microsoft.com/firehose/2015/07/07/project-westminster-simplifies-process-of-bringing-hosted-web-apps-to-windows-10/

However I get errors when I try to upload my manifest to the store.  I have several issues here that stop me from solving the problem.  First of all, the error messages:

Package acceptance validation error: You can’t submit Windows 10 packages at this time. Package myapp.appx is a Windows 10 package.
    - Is that really true?  I can't find any reference to support this.

Package acceptance validation error: The package file myapp.appx uses the following files: [Microsoft.Build.AppxPackage.dll, 14.0.22823.1],[ilc.exe, 1.0.22816.0], which are below the minimum version required: [Microsoft.Build.AppxPackage.dll, 14.0.23121.0],[ilc.exe, 1.0.23117.0]. Please update the manifest file and try again.

Package acceptance validation error: The Publisher attribute of the Identity element in the app manifest of file myapp.appx is CN=Tim, which doesn't match your publisher ID: CN=[longer unique identifier].

I thought to solve the bottom problem first, as it seems like an easy config error, however when I open my package.appxmanifest file firstly I do not get the designer.  Help pages say that I should.  Regardless, I modify my Publisher property here:

<Identity Name="ChaoticLimited.Bobblejob" Version="1.0.0.0" Publisher="CN=[the correct long publisher unique identifier]" />

When I then regenerate the app packages, I notice that the procedure has changed the CN back to "Tim".  This then led me to believe that somewhere along the line, Visual Studio is attached to the wrong account - or to no account at all.  So I searched for the ability to attach it to my store account.  If I right click on the project => Store => Associate App with the Store is disabled.

Then, when attempting to approach the second error instead, I can find no way to update anything other than visual studio itself.  When I look to do this, I see this warning here:

https://www.visualstudio.com/downloads/download-visual-studio-vs

Note: This release does not support developing for Windows 10 until July 29. Continue to use Visual Studio 2015 RC until July 29 if you are developing Universal Windows apps.

I had hoped to get my app into submission today so it can be on the store for launch.  Any ideas what to do?  Thank you in advance!

Tuesday, July 28, 2015 12:21 PM

Answers

• Hi Tim,

We could have find your app using App-Identity, however finding it with App-ID is easier. Yes, 9WZDNCRDHC4K is your app Id as you have correctly guessed.

You should be able to upload Win10 package by now. Please try it, and let us know if you are still getting "Package acceptance validation error: You can’t submit Windows 10 packages at this time....".

Which Visual Studio version are you using to compile your app? If you use VS2015 RTM, you should now get "Package acceptance validation error:  ... which are below the minimum version required...".

We have checked your App, and it has the right publisher (CN=[longer unique identifier]) info. I am not sure where Visual Studio is getting "CN=Tim"! Probably Visual Studio is connecting with wrong credentials. You could try to create a new App and associate with it.

thanks, palash biswas [MSFT]

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights.

• Marked as answer by Tim Charters Sunday, August 2, 2015 7:30 PM
    Thursday, July 30, 2015 3:08 AM

All replies

• Please provide your App Id - so we can check the permission of your account.

Wednesday, July 29, 2015 7:41 AM
  • Hi Palash!

The Package/Identity/Name is ChaoticLimited.Bobblejob - is that enough to find it?  The link to it on the store would be: https://www.microsoft.com/store/apps/9WZDNCRDHC4K

Perhaps the code on the end there is what you are looking for.  If not then let me know what I should disclose (and what is safe to disclose - I can't seem to private message you).

Thank you!

• Edited by Tim Charters Wednesday, July 29, 2015 9:06 AM formatting
    Wednesday, July 29, 2015 8:57 AM
  • Hi Tim,

We could have find your app using App-Identity, however finding it with App-ID is easier. Yes, 9WZDNCRDHC4K is your app Id as you have correctly guessed.

You should be able to upload Win10 package by now. Please try it, and let us know if you are still getting "Package acceptance validation error: You can’t submit Windows 10 packages at this time....".

Which Visual Studio version are you using to compile your app? If you use VS2015 RTM, you should now get "Package acceptance validation error:  ... which are below the minimum version required...".

We have checked your App, and it has the right publisher (CN=[longer unique identifier]) info. I am not sure where Visual Studio is getting "CN=Tim"! Probably Visual Studio is connecting with wrong credentials. You could try to create a new App and associate with it.

• Marked as answer by Tim Charters Sunday, August 2, 2015 7:30 PM
    Thursday, July 30, 2015 3:08 AM
  • Upgrading to the full windows 10 and moving to the full visual studio 2015 did solve the issue.  Although I am unsure if upgrading to release windows 10 has any affect, (I just did it since I was doing a load of installing) I thought I would just mention it.

Thanks for the help Palash, the app is uploaded. :-)

Sunday, August 2, 2015 7:30 PM