none
How to migrating a vs 2008 windows form project to vs 2017 RRS feed

• Question

• How to migrating a vs 2008 windows form project to vs 2017? I have a old VB windows form project, and need to rework on it, Open it in vs 2017 or vs 2015, could not open the form files
    Monday, August 27, 2018 3:09 PM

All replies

• Hello,

When trying to open the form are you getting an error message?

Are there third party controls on the VS2008 form?

Do you still have VS2008 installed?

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.
    VB Forums - moderator
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites

Monday, August 27, 2018 3:55 PM
  • Hi Karen,

Thank you for the reply, I just install vs 2008, It is able to open the project and form files, I get error "Type 'CrystalDecisions.Windows.Forms.CrystalReportViewer' is not defined"

How to install Crystal Report for vs 2008?

Thanks

Kevin

Monday, August 27, 2018 3:59 PM
  • Hi Karen,

Thank you for the reply, I just install vs 2008, It is able to open the project and form files, I get error "Type 'CrystalDecisions.Windows.Forms.CrystalReportViewer' is not defined"

How to install Crystal Report for vs 2008?

Thanks

Kevin

Crystal Reports should be installed with VS2008 as per the following.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.
    VB Forums - moderator
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites

Monday, August 27, 2018 6:01 PM

• How to migrating a vs 2008 windows form project to vs 2017? I have a old VB windows form project, and need to rework on it, Open it in vs 2017 or vs 2015, could not open the form files

You make the same projects in VS2017. You copy the class files from VB 2008 dropping the files into the folder structure you had for VS2008  and do an Add Existing Item to the project. 
    Tuesday, August 28, 2018 5:21 PM

Hi,

install VS2017 and open the project with VS2017.

https://visualstudio.microsoft.com/downloads/

Best Regards,

Alex

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, August 29, 2018 6:36 AM