none
Parse error on PWA site with custom changes RRS feed

• Question

• I have in the past modified the default.aspx page in a provisioned PWA site to support some javascript without issues. Originally, I opened the page via a unc path with Visual Studio. However, when I now try to make changes to the script on the same page I get the following error.

Parser Error Message: The base type 'Microsoft.Office.Project.PWA.PJBaseWebPartPage' is not allowed for this page. The type is not registered as safe.
    Line 5:  <%@ Page Language="C#" MasterPageFile="~masterurl/default.master" Inherits="Microsoft.Office.Project.PWA.PJBaseWebPartPage,Microsoft.Office.Project.Server.PWA,Version=14.0.0.0,Culture=neutral,PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c"

I removed the disable feature on the PWA site as to reset the page back to its site definition with SP designer, which works fine but I can't figure out why the error now occurs where it didn't in the past. Any idea why this occurs?

Environment: SP and PS 2010

Ken

Wednesday, January 5, 2011 1:46 PM

All replies

• Hi Ken,

I have seen the same error when editing the PWA page via SPD. This is probably why its specifically blocked and not supported by MS.

If you are looking at adding javascript onto the page, have you considered just using a Content Editor Web part with the javascript pasted in? 

Alex Burton
    www.epmsource.com | Twitter
    Project Server TechCenter | Project Developer Center | Project Server Help | Project Product Page
    Sunday, January 9, 2011 2:24 AM
  • Hi Alex, yes I did do that in the past with basic SP sites but didn't think of it until later for this particular app. However, due to the same reason I can't seem to back out of the script that is there now and working. There is a way to enable the editing of PWA sites with the SPD but it only seems to work for instances provisioned with other than PWA in the path. Ken
    Monday, January 10, 2011 2:21 PM