none
Iterate through app.Selection when multiple shapes are selected RRS feed

• Question

• I understand we can get to the Shape/Shaperange class by casting the application.Selection object when one shape is selected.

My question is, when multiple shapes are selected by either press Ctrl+ or box in, is there anyway to get to specific shape?

Thanks in advance.

Tuesday, July 3, 2012 1:34 PM

Answers

• Hi ForeignKey,

Thanks for posting in the MSDN Forum.

As far as I know that every shape have "Name" property. Why not retrieve your shapes via it?

Have a good day,

Tom

Tom Xu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Hi, Tom:

Thanks for the reply.

Actually I found out the solution myself because I can simply go to the shaperange.items property to iterate all the shapes selected. Sorry for rushing to the forum w/o doing my own research.

Thanks again.

Thursday, July 5, 2012 8:56 PM

All replies

• Hi ForeignKey,

As far as I know that every shape have "Name" property. Why not retrieve your shapes via it?

Have a good day,

Tom

Tom Xu [MSFT]

Wednesday, July 4, 2012 2:13 AM
  • Hi ForeignKey,

Have a good day,

Tom

Tom Xu [MSFT]

Hi, Tom:

Thanks for the reply.

Actually I found out the solution myself because I can simply go to the shaperange.items property to iterate all the shapes selected. Sorry for rushing to the forum w/o doing my own research.

Thanks again.

Thursday, July 5, 2012 8:56 PM
  • Hi ForeignKey,

I'm glad to hear you have solved your issue by yourself. Thanks for share your solution here, it's very beneficial for other community members who have similar quetion to see how your solved it.

Have a good day,

Tom

Tom Xu [MSFT]

Friday, July 6, 2012 4:28 AM