expression web 4 on two monitors RRS feed

• Question

• is it possible to have ew4 on two monitors ? say one for design view and the other showing everything else or running ie8 so you can see how the page looks real time ?

anyone know of any good free vidoes to teach 3 column (with boxes) layout in css ?

paul woolley

Wednesday, February 9, 2011 10:43 PM

All replies

• Check the learning resources section, starting with the basic website video which whle not 3 columns iwll teach you how to understand css used to create a 3 column layout.

While you can't do exactly what you want splitting ew you can use snapshot as your design view to see what IE8 will look like. That can be put on a second monitor.

Expression Web Tutorials & Help http://by-expression.com
    Expression Web forums
    Wednesday, February 9, 2011 11:12 PM
  • I always have EW on my primary monitor, and Firefox full-screen on my second monitor. I preview in browser to load the page, then just leave the page open in FF. Whenever I make any major changes, I save the page and refresh the browser window to see the result. It works well for me anyway.

Jim

Thursday, February 10, 2011 2:29 AM
  • thanks jim

is that somoething i would setup in expression web or windows 7 ?

regards

paul

Thursday, February 10, 2011 9:08 AM
  • As Cheryl has already suggested, use the SnapShot Panel within xWeb to preview your page and move that over onto your second monitor. It's on the Panels menu in V4.

Unlike a normal browser, it is refreshed everytime you save the page. It will render all page types and has modes for IE6, IE7 and IE8, plus Firefox and you can select the preview size from a list of normal resolutions.

Ian Haynes

EW V4 Add-Ins
    EW resources, hints and tips
    Thursday, February 10, 2011 9:18 AM