Problem in rendering Xaml to Bitmap image in visual studio express 2012 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone here,

I am adapting the sample code of rendering Xaml to Bitmap image to my visual studio express 2012 (for windows 8) application.

However, the RenderTargetBitmap class just cannot be found under the namespace 'Window.UI.Xaml.Media.Imaging'. I am working on the windows 8.1 Pro Preview so it looks very weird to me. I successfully built the sample code in visual studio express 2013 for windows. But for some reason I prefer stick to 2012. So did anybody successfully use this class under 2012?

Any hint will be very appreciated!

Regards,

Simon

Thursday, August 22, 2013 11:47 PM

Answers

• RenderTargetBitmap is new for the Windows 8.1 Preview.

It requires that you use Visual Studio 2013 Preview to write a Windows Store app targeted for the Windows 8.1 Preview.

Visual Studio 2012 can create only Windows 8 apps. You cannot use RenderTargetBitmap in a Windows 8 app.

--Rob

Friday, August 23, 2013 1:19 AM

All replies

• RenderTargetBitmap is new to the Windows 8.1 Preview.

There is no way to render Xaml to a bitmap in Windows 8 apps.

--Rob

Thursday, August 22, 2013 11:52 PM
  • Hi Rob,

I am using visual studio express 2012 for windows 8 on a windows 8.1 Pro Preview. Did I do anything wrong by trying the RenderTargetBitmap class ?

I am very new to .Net tech, and need some basic helps. Thank you!

Simon

Friday, August 23, 2013 1:15 AM
  • RenderTargetBitmap is new for the Windows 8.1 Preview.

It requires that you use Visual Studio 2013 Preview to write a Windows Store app targeted for the Windows 8.1 Preview.

Visual Studio 2012 can create only Windows 8 apps. You cannot use RenderTargetBitmap in a Windows 8 app.

--Rob

Friday, August 23, 2013 1:19 AM
  • I see. Thank you, Bob. So within the scope of Visual Studio 2012, is there other way to render the Xaml into an image. Or any good way to store content in Xaml grid?

Thank you indeed.

Friday, August 23, 2013 1:30 AM