none
Delete blob - The specified blob does not exist

Question

• I started to work with ClodBlobDirectory and created an empty blob with the following name - $%sometext. Now, if I use ClodBlobDirectory.ListBlobs I see this blob in the list. But if I try to use theBlob.Delete() I get 'The specified blob does not exist'. And the inner exception says 'The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.'. WHY? What am I doing wrong here?

(I use development storage).

Wednesday, January 18, 2012 1:27 PM

Answers

• Thank you guys!

I found it!

I've had a dummy file. But the problem was I did not specify a content type! After I set it it started to work. But the error is SO misleading!

• Marked as answer by Alex Beloff Wednesday, January 18, 2012 6:11 PM
    Wednesday, January 18, 2012 6:11 PM

All replies

• Alex,

AS per my understanding, blob container can be there without any contents. But when you have blob(folder), there should be something in it. Without any contents it's not accessible. Try to add one dummy text file in your blob called $%sometext & you will be able to successfully delete with your code.

Good Luck..!!

Thanks,
    Sandip Shinde
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help you and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Wednesday, January 18, 2012 3:16 PM
  • Please take a look here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd135715.aspx. You're using a reserved URL character (%) in your blob name and that's why you're getting this error. Try creating an empty blob with just "sometext" as the blob name or try escaping the "%" sign (though in my experience escaping the "%" sign does not help either.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Gaurav Mantri

Cerebrata Software

http://www.cerebrata.com

Wednesday, January 18, 2012 4:29 PM
  • Thank you guys!

I found it!

I've had a dummy file. But the problem was I did not specify a content type! After I set it it started to work. But the error is SO misleading!

• Marked as answer by Alex Beloff Wednesday, January 18, 2012 6:11 PM
    Wednesday, January 18, 2012 6:11 PM