none
[PHP][Web Apps] Site Performance RRS feed

• Question

• We have a basic Drupal site set up that connects to ClearDB for the MySQL DB. The issue we are having is that the site appears to be laggy. Loading pages can take a long time, and working in the admin interface is very sluggish.

At first I though it was Drupal itself so I set it up on another cloud provider and the performance was at least 3 to 4 times faster. This included the admin section.

So my question is why does Azure Web Apps appear to be sluggish compared to their competitors?

Some things I tried to improve performance.

Scaled the website - Same result

Scaled the DB (even got a dedicated MySQL DB from Clear DB) - Again now performance gain

Boost Module - This works really well and put the site to an acceptable level, but I am still wondering why do I have to do this for Azure Web apps.

Wednesday, July 29, 2015 10:53 PM

All replies

• You're saying that you saw the perf improve only when you scaled the DB?  Were you using the exact same ClearDB database when you tried running your Drupal site on the other cloud provider?
    Wednesday, July 29, 2015 11:37 PM
  • No there was no improvement when I scaled the DB. The only improvement came from using boost to cache Drupal pages. And as I mentioned this module was not needed on other cloud providers.

Thursday, July 30, 2015 3:35 PM