none
In VS 2015 isn't the Find dialog supposed to remember what scope you last used?

Question

• I find that whenever I get into VS 2015 and perform a search (Find) within a file, the scope of the search is always set to "Current Project". I have to reset it to "Current Document", which is what I want.

I always have to do this.

Why is that? I thought Visual Studio code editor would use the last scope for search, whenever you get into Visual Studio again. Or am I wrong? Is the default to always select "Current Project"?

Rod

Thursday, February 4, 2016 5:05 PM

Answers

• Thanks for David Lowndes's reply.

Hi Rod at Work,

I tried in both of my Visual Studio Community 2015 and Visual Studio Enterprise 2015, in Visual Studio Community 2015, the default search is always set to "Current Project", and in Visual Studio Enterprise 2015, the default search is always set to "Current Document".

If you don't close the Visual Studio, it will keep the last chosen option. But if you close Visual Studio 2015 and then reopen it again, it will restore to the default option.

If you have any idea for this behavior in Visual Studio, I suggest you post your idea to Visual Studio User Voice. Thanks for your feedback for Visual Studio.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

• Marked as answer by Rod at Work Friday, February 5, 2016 3:32 PM
    Friday, February 5, 2016 6:36 AM

All replies

• >I thought Visual Studio code editor would use the last scope for search

It seems to use whatever the last chosen option was for me.

What type of project are you working on?

Dave

Thursday, February 4, 2016 11:02 PM
  • Thanks for David Lowndes's reply.

Hi Rod at Work,

I tried in both of my Visual Studio Community 2015 and Visual Studio Enterprise 2015, in Visual Studio Community 2015, the default search is always set to "Current Project", and in Visual Studio Enterprise 2015, the default search is always set to "Current Document".

If you don't close the Visual Studio, it will keep the last chosen option. But if you close Visual Studio 2015 and then reopen it again, it will restore to the default option.

If you have any idea for this behavior in Visual Studio, I suggest you post your idea to Visual Studio User Voice. Thanks for your feedback for Visual Studio.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

• Marked as answer by Rod at Work Friday, February 5, 2016 3:32 PM
    Friday, February 5, 2016 6:36 AM
  • >If you don't close the Visual Studio, it will keep the last chosen option. But if you close Visual Studio 2015 and then reopen it again, it will restore to the default option.

I hadn't tried closing VS, but now I have I can confirm that the
    behaviour is as Weiwei describes for VS2015 Enterprise.

Why the community edition should behave differently - I have no idea.

Dave

Friday, February 5, 2016 2:12 PM