none
Speech Initialization Migration Issue in 1.5 SDK? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have an requirement to initialize Kinect Speech in App.xaml. This method called in ApplicationStartup Event and All my speech handling is done in App.xaml

//beta2 code

private void InitializeKinectAudio()
            {
                //speech events
                sp = SpeechProcessor.Create();         //returns null if problem with speech prereqs or instantiation.
                if (sp != null)
                {
                    sp.Start(new KinectAudioSource());  //KinectSDK TODO: expose Runtime.AudioSource to return correct audiosource.
                    sp.SaidSomething += new EventHandler<SpeechProcessor.SaidSomethingArgs>(sp_SaidSomething);
                }
                else
                {
                    //ShowStatus(ErrorCondition.NoSpeech);
                    MessageBox.Show("Speech not initialized");
                    sp = null;
                }
            }

Now is it possible to write the same code in 1.5 sdk without the long sensor initialization code. Any code help is appreciated.

PS: My requirement is to initialize the speech first and use speech to navigate through the windows and then show the skeleton tracking.

Thanks,

Bharat.

• Edited by ykbharat Tuesday, June 19, 2012 11:54 AM ps
    Tuesday, June 19, 2012 11:43 AM

Answers

• You're running Beta2? You are way behind...the initialization changed in the 1.0 release. There is no change from 1.0 to 1.5. Just open up one of the samples that come with the SDK and see how it's initialized. It's a few lines of code that needs to change, but it's not difficult. 
    • Proposed as answer by ChrisCicc Friday, June 22, 2012 5:51 PM
    • Marked as answer by ykbharat Tuesday, June 26, 2012 10:13 AM
    Friday, June 22, 2012 5:51 PM