Custom Login RRS feed

• Question

• User-560223997 posted

Hello, 

I am writing an application in ASP.NET MVC 3, which needs login from the user. I have programmed a simple login with username, password and three different roles (e.g. Admin, etc.). This has created a new database in my local computer.

However, I would like to do a custom login, i.e., use my database, with my table (that has a predefined name and has columns like username, hashed password and role). This database is used by another application which was not done by me. With this my application doesn't need to have the functionality to create users and passwords, change passwords by users, etc.

Does anyone know where can I find a site (or whatever) where I can learn how to do my custom login?

Thank you.

Thursday, January 23, 2020 11:42 AM

All replies

• User1358036820 posted

There is a lot of details about custom database with asp.net mvc.  Just do a google search for "custom mvc login using existing database" and should see lots of examples.

Thursday, January 23, 2020 12:09 PM
  • User283571144 posted

Hi JDias ,

As far as I know,  for the asp.net MVC3 ,you could try to create a custom membership provider with your own logic.

More details, you could refer to below article:

https://www.codeproject.com/Articles/165159/Custom-Membership-Providers 

Best Regards,

Brando

Friday, January 24, 2020 4:09 AM