none
ThemeFontLanguages attribute preference RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I need to find ms word font language. In settings.xml there is a entry for font languages have more attributes like 

<w:themeFontLang w:val="en-US" w:bidi="ar-SA"/>

<w:themeFontLang w:val="en-US" w:eastAsia="ja-JP"/>

In those case which one has higher priority?

Friday, July 4, 2014 6:18 AM

Answers

• Hi AswiniRam, neither font has priority. That is specifying which font to use in different situations. I believe that the first paragraph of ISO/IEC 29500-1 section 17.15.1.88 explains what that means…

"This element specifies the language which shall be used to determine the appropriate theme fonts in the document's Theme part which map to the major/minor theme fonts. Specifically, the bidi attribute is used to determine the theme font applied to complex script text, the eastAsia attribute is used to determine the theme font applied to East Asian text, and the val attribute is used to determine the theme font applied to all other text."

Please let me know if that answers your question. Thank you.

Josh Curry (jcurry) | Escalation Engineer | Open Specifications Support Team

Monday, July 7, 2014 10:28 PM

All replies

• Hi AswiniRam,

Thank you for your question.  An engineer from the Protocols team will contact you soon.

Bryan S. Burgin Senior Escalation Engineer Microsoft Protocol Open Specifications Team

Saturday, July 5, 2014 2:33 AM
  • Hi AswiniRam, neither font has priority. That is specifying which font to use in different situations. I believe that the first paragraph of ISO/IEC 29500-1 section 17.15.1.88 explains what that means…

"This element specifies the language which shall be used to determine the appropriate theme fonts in the document's Theme part which map to the major/minor theme fonts. Specifically, the bidi attribute is used to determine the theme font applied to complex script text, the eastAsia attribute is used to determine the theme font applied to East Asian text, and the val attribute is used to determine the theme font applied to all other text."

Please let me know if that answers your question. Thank you.

Josh Curry (jcurry) | Escalation Engineer | Open Specifications Support Team

Monday, July 7, 2014 10:28 PM