none
Webcam is disabled or access to the webcam is disabled for this app RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying last UWP samples from GitHub , 6 samples that work with USB web camera. When I start sample, I see message for permission, I allow permission for camera and microphone, but as soon as I press "Permit", I see message from UWP app "Webcam is disabled or access to the webcam is disabled for this app. Ensure Privacy Settings allow webcam usage." If I see Settings/Privacy/Camera and /Microphone, I see that permission is On. 

I tried to cancel all the applications from Task Manager that may be used camera, I tried to deploy app first, then launch, I tried to update Windows 10 to v.1903, I used to launch VS2015, 2017, 2019, as user and as admin, I tried to check a lot of other permissions in Package.appmanifest, in addition to Camera and Microphone - the result is the same. Camera is working, I checked it using Camera app and web browser <video> tag. 

What could be the reason more?

Sincerely, Victor

Victor Denisenko

Thursday, September 5, 2019 2:01 PM

Answers

• I have found the reason. This example do not work if there is antivirus software. You need to enter your project in antivirus exception list or adjust antivirus politics.

Victor Denisenko

Wednesday, September 11, 2019 11:52 AM