SSIS hanging in the middle of processing RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We have a problem importing the flat file data using SSIS into sql database.

For some erroneous files the package is just hanging with out any activity (Disk Reads/sec, Disk Writes/sec, Page faults/sec, Workingset Memory counters are const when the package hung). The package is giving the following messages before it is hung.

The column data for column "ServerName" overflowed the disk I/O buffer. 

An error occurred while processing file "M:\Tani1\APS-PRXY-02\APS-PRXY-02-ISALOG_20060621_FWS_001-2006062106.Log" on data row 1. 

The PrimeOutput method on component "Firewall Data" (6109) returned error code 0xC0202092.  The component returned a failure code when the pipeline engine called PrimeOutput(). The meaning of the failure code is defined by the component, but the error is fatal and the pipeline stopped executing. 

Thread "SourceThread0" has exited with error code 0xC0047038. 

Thread "WorkThread0" received a shutdown signal and is terminating. The user requested a shutdown, or an error in another thread is causing the pipeline to shutdown. 

Thread "WorkThread0" has exited with error code 0xC0047039.

Even though it says has SourceThread0 has exited, it package is not terminating itself. We just want to ignore the errorneous file and move on to other files.

I tried altering DefaultBufferMaxRows in between 1000-10000, DefaultBufferSize to 1 MB – 20 MB which did not work out. Can one of you suggest us any resolution/work around for this issue? This is really a burning issue in our project would really appreciate any help!

-Syam.

Sunday, June 25, 2006 11:47 AM

Answers

• I wonder if you have an invalid row delimiter. Can you preview the data from that file in the source adapter or in the flat file source adapter?

Donald

Monday, June 26, 2006 2:24 AM

All replies

• I wonder if you have an invalid row delimiter. Can you preview the data from that file in the source adapter or in the flat file source adapter?

Donald

Monday, June 26, 2006 2:24 AM
  • I had the same problem. To fix the issue I set the "Flat File Connection Manager Editor" row delimiter to "LF" -- into both the General and Columns configurations. Hope this helps.
    • Proposed as answer by Moses Cisse Wednesday, October 27, 2010 6:33 PM
    Thursday, July 6, 2006 2:58 PM