Ad control won't show ad RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I added the AdMediator control to my app, set it up to host a Microsoft Advertisement and inserted it's data.

But when going on the app on a customer's phone (app downloaded from store), the ad does not exist.
    I investigated this issue and changed the backgroundcolor from black to something lighter, I saw that the adcontrol is there for 15 seconds until it disappears, the default timeout event.

I researched and found some code which raises events if the ad fails, this is what I got after 15 seconds.

AdSdkError by MicrosoftAdvertising ErrorCode: AdSdkTimeout ErrorDescription:  Error: Microsoft.AdMediator.Core.Events.AdSdkException: AdSdk MicrosoftAdvertising failed to load after 15 seconds
    AdMediatorError:Microsoft.AdMediator.Core.Events.AdMediatorException: Failed to load an ad NoAdAvailable

I tried only having the good old Ad control, but the results were more or less the same.
    Any clue what might be the issue here?

-Vincent

Tuesday, June 2, 2015 8:18 PM

Answers

• NoAdAvailable means what it sounds like, an error that the AdControl raises when no ad is matched from the ad server. If it's occurring 100% of the time, I would double check the adunits for starters.
    • Marked as answer by Vincent Gio Tuesday, June 9, 2015 3:00 PM
    Tuesday, June 9, 2015 2:43 PM
  • Hi,

It must've been some issue with either AdMediator or the configuration to Ms Ads (PubCenter). It does work now, without any issues.

Tuesday, June 9, 2015 3:00 PM

All replies

• NoAdAvailable means what it sounds like, an error that the AdControl raises when no ad is matched from the ad server. If it's occurring 100% of the time, I would double check the adunits for starters.
    Tuesday, June 9, 2015 2:43 PM
  • Hi,

It must've been some issue with either AdMediator or the configuration to Ms Ads (PubCenter). It does work now, without any issues.

Tuesday, June 9, 2015 3:00 PM