How do I get more information about an app not passing certification? RRS feed

• Question

• Twice now I've submitted my app, and twice it's come back a week later saying my app didn't pass certification because it stopped responding. I asked them in the notes to please tell me what exactly they were doing when the app failed, but I'm not getting back any details. I really need some repro steps or a crash dump to be able to fix it. Does anyone have any advice for what I should do at this point? I feel completely stuck and frustrated.

Steve

Wednesday, November 14, 2012 8:38 PM

Answers

• I answered this on another thread, but in case someone runs into this, I wanted to explain how I got past this:

I had been using an older VS solution and boiler plate from a pre-RTM version of VS 2012, so I created a new project using RTM VS 2012, and then added my code back into the project piece by piece. When I submitted my app built with this new solution, it passed with no issues. I suspect that there was something in the older solution (older manifest file? Build settings?) that was causing the version that gets uploaded to the store not to work, even though the local packages worked fine. If anyone else runs into this and your project was created pre-RTM VS 2012, I would suggest creating a new project and then adding your old source into the new project.

• Marked as answer by Steve Otteson Tuesday, November 27, 2012 8:51 PM
    Tuesday, November 27, 2012 8:51 PM

All replies

• One thing I was wondering: my app depends on Microsoft.VCLibs.110.00 MinVersion="11.0.50727.1", but I notice that on a clean install of Win8 only version 50712 is installed. Since my .appxupload file doesn't include the new VCLibs file in it (I changed the extension to .zip and looked around), how are the testers installing the newer VCLib package?

Thursday, November 15, 2012 6:57 AM
  • I answered this on another thread, but in case someone runs into this, I wanted to explain how I got past this:

I had been using an older VS solution and boiler plate from a pre-RTM version of VS 2012, so I created a new project using RTM VS 2012, and then added my code back into the project piece by piece. When I submitted my app built with this new solution, it passed with no issues. I suspect that there was something in the older solution (older manifest file? Build settings?) that was causing the version that gets uploaded to the store not to work, even though the local packages worked fine. If anyone else runs into this and your project was created pre-RTM VS 2012, I would suggest creating a new project and then adding your old source into the new project.

• Marked as answer by Steve Otteson Tuesday, November 27, 2012 8:51 PM
    Tuesday, November 27, 2012 8:51 PM