none
Getting azure backup recovery services error RRS feed

• Question

• Unable to locate Azure PowerShell on this server. Azure PowerShell is required to configure Offline backup.  (ID: 100232)

Download and install Azure Powershell from the following link https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=869954 and try again.

the version of PS is and the server has been rebooted. This is a windows 2008 R2 server

PS H:\> get-host

Name             : ConsoleHost
    Version          : 5.1.14409.1012
    InstanceId       : ac2fe0f5-c2e9-4a90-a41e-01aca5ba5ff7
    UI               : System.Management.Automation.Internal.Host.InternalHostUserInterface
    CurrentCulture   : en-US
    CurrentUICulture : en-US
    PrivateData      : Microsoft.PowerShell.ConsoleHost+ConsoleColorProxy
    DebuggerEnabled  : True
    IsRunspacePushed : False
    Runspace         : System.Management.Automation.Runspaces.LocalRunspace

Wednesday, August 29, 2018 10:23 PM

All replies

• It looks like you're intending to configure Offline backup of files and folders and this requires you to install Azure PowerShell on the computer running Azure Backup agent. See the prerequisites list and the machine should've Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 and above. Check the FAQ link.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    If this answer was helpful, click “Mark as Answer” and Up-Vote. To provide additional feedback on your forum experience, click here 

Thursday, August 30, 2018 5:30 AM
  • Checking in to see if the above answer helped. Let me know if there are still any additional issues I can help with.
    Monday, September 3, 2018 8:34 AM
  • I have exactly the same issue. All the prerequisites are met, but I can't figure out this problem.

I'm running W2K8 R2 SP1, .NET 4.7.2, Powershell 5.1, Azure powershell module installed.

Thursday, September 12, 2019 11:09 AM
  • The error message isn't helpful and without further investigation it is hard to point the root cause of the issue. I strongly recommend connecting with Azure technical support professional for a 1:1 to discuss this further to understand the blocker and find a fix.
    Tuesday, September 17, 2019 10:43 AM
  • I am having the same issue on Windows Server 2012 R2, with the latest MARS Agent. I have verified that Azure PowerShell is installed (version 2.8.0), as are the other prerequisites. I've been working on this for a couple of days, and Azure support has not been able to provide an answer.
    Wednesday, October 23, 2019 9:29 PM
  • @ SAF IT Mgr Could you please share the support request # with us. We will track the issue internally and will try to push the right team to expedite the resolution.

Thursday, October 24, 2019 7:30 AM