Incorrect directory path population in pkgdef RRS feed

• Question

• I am hitting the issue as described here : https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/1ed358a9-ee23-4087-9fb9-d0a2835056b8/createpkgdef-and-template-dir-vs2010?forum=vsx.

I am using Visual Studio 2012 SDK , do not have any # in my project paths and still in pkgdef "TemplateDir" folder points to my development workspace .

Is there an automated way to resolve this issue, rather than the manual one as suggested in the above post.

Vinita

Sunday, August 13, 2017 5:31 PM

All replies

• Hi Vinita Sanghi,

According to your description, I create a sample VS Package project with Visual Studio 2012 SDK. After building, I check the auto generated pkgdef file in project’s bin\debug folder and the content is shown as below. The $PackageFolder$ variable is assign to the CodeBase property, which means where this package code stored in.

…..

"Class"="Company.VSPackage1.VSPackage1Package"
    "CodeBase"="$PackageFolder$\VSPackage1.dll"

…..

I don’t find “TemplateDir” in pkgdef file. Could you share the detailed steps and settings for your VS Package project to help me reproduce this issue? I suggest you create a new default VS Package project and build it directly to check whether it also has this issue.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Weiwei Cai Tuesday, August 29, 2017 2:31 AM
    Monday, August 14, 2017 9:09 AM