none
Entity Framework VS 2008 stalling RRS feed

• Question

• Every time I try and add a new entity data model to a project in Visual Studio 2008, I can get to the final screen of connecting to an existing database and when I try and add, it just stalls and never responds after that.  I've booted in safe mode and was able to add a model, but I cannot add one with an existing database without it stalling.
    • Moved by CoolDadTx Friday, October 11, 2013 5:01 PM EF related
    Friday, October 11, 2013 2:44 PM

Answers

• Hi swick007;

What version of Entity Framework are you trying to use with Visual Studio 2008? 

Visual Studio 2008 SP 1 shipped with Entity Framework version 1 and used .Net Framework 3.5.

Fernando (MCSD)

If a post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on that post and "Mark as Helpful".

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Monday, October 14, 2013 1:56 AM
  • Hello,

Welcome to this forum.

For this issue, my suggestion is that we can have a try methods below:

1. Reload Entity Framework or install last version Entity Framework.
    2. Create a new solution, and add a new project, then add a model to the project.
    3. Have a try to repair the VS 2008 or reinstall the VS2008.
    4. Have a try to connect a different database.
    5. Have a try to run at anther PC with the same environment.

Regards.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, October 14, 2013 1:39 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Welcome to this forum.

For this issue, my suggestion is that we can have a try methods below:

1. Reload Entity Framework or install last version Entity Framework.
    2. Create a new solution, and add a new project, then add a model to the project.
    3. Have a try to repair the VS 2008 or reinstall the VS2008.
    4. Have a try to connect a different database.
    5. Have a try to run at anther PC with the same environment.

Regards.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, October 14, 2013 1:39 AM
  • Hi swick007;

What version of Entity Framework are you trying to use with Visual Studio 2008? 

Visual Studio 2008 SP 1 shipped with Entity Framework version 1 and used .Net Framework 3.5.

Fernando (MCSD)

If a post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on that post and "Mark as Helpful".

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Monday, October 14, 2013 1:56 AM