Code coverage from web tets RRS feed

• Question

• i saw some articles that validate collecting the code coverage from webtest by adding the test project and the website (product project) in one solution

i tried this way and worked sucessfully but i have got some issues like :

1- it is only working on the local machine, when i added the test project to the source  control i got nothing

2- instrumentation problem with some assemblies

PLZ advice

karim kamal

Quality Control Engineer

LinkdotNet

Sunday, July 15, 2007 1:10 PM

Answers

All replies

• We need more details of the problem.

Please elaborate on both 1 and 2. 

Thursday, July 19, 2007 3:50 PM
  • thanks for caring about he problem

to be more detailed:

1- created a solution that contains the following:
           a- the Website (aspx pages, dlls,CS,....etc)

b- the test project (webtests,...etc)

i instrumented the web site in the code coverage section in the localtestrun.config file

and it worked correctly and i was able to obtain the code coverage to measure how was the web scenario effective and did it  

cover from the developer code.

on the other hand if i added my test project to a source control to be seen to all the team of the project , and i was sure that all

files were checked in, i couldn't be able to obtain the code coverage from the webtest and all what i got was Empty results for

the code coverage.

2- about the assembly instrumentation problem, some DLL files couldn't be instrumented as i got error message that they are

not  accessible, the question here is : do i have to sign these assemblies with strong name key file and resign this key in the

code  

coverage section in the localtestrun.config file and if that was true howa to do it because i read many articles concerning this

issue but i couldn't apply it .

Thanks and best regards.

Karim Kamal

Quality control engineer

Thursday, July 19, 2007 6:45 PM
    1. After checking in the test project, you are likely seeing problems gathering code coverage because the site that is being hit doesn't have instrumented binaries.  First, verify the web site you are hitting after checking in the files is instrumented for gathering code coverage.  This thread may also be helpful - http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=8605&SiteID=1
    2. Please see http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1184073&SiteID=1

Friday, July 20, 2007 5:07 PM