none
My Visual Studio 2017 keeps being unresponsive and slow.

Question

• About a month ago I installed visual studios 2017 and it worked perfectly. But the last couple of days, it has been really slow and unresponsive and I really can't get anything done. Is there any fix for this?
    Wednesday, April 05, 2017 12:05 AM

All replies

• Hi James,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

Have you made some changes to visual studio 2017 or installed some extensions?

You could download Process Monitor from https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/processmonitor.aspx to diagnose the issue and check if the other software on your pc affect visual studio 2017.

Meanwhile, please click Tools->Import and Export Settings->Reset All Settings to check if the issue persists and update visual studio 2017 to the latest version.

Best regards,

Joyce

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, April 05, 2017 6:38 AM
  • @James The Developer,

Would you please share us the latest information about this issue?

As you said that it works well before, please check that whether you installed any third party tools or add-ins in your windows or VS IDE.

You could also clean up the temp files or cache files in your windows, check it again.

In addition, VS2017 also has some updates, if possible, just re-run the VS setup file and update it.

If you get any latest information, please feel free to share it here.

Best Regards,

Jack

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, April 18, 2017 6:54 AM
  • Hi Jack, I'm in the same situation as James, could you better detail what exactly you mean when you write: "You could also clean up the temp files or cache files in your windows"

Please list all the folder you are suggesting to delete.

MonDeveloper

Friday, January 26, 2018 10:32 AM
  • Hi MonDeveloper,

Would you mind opening a new case in this forum since this case was closed for a long time?

My team members would follow up your new issue in time.

Sincerely,

Jack

MSDN Community Support

Monday, January 29, 2018 1:06 AM