Site Logo Not showing on one page RRS feed

• Question

• I think I have this narrowed down to a page layout.

We have changed the url path to point to a new image in the site settings "Title, description, and
    icon". That image will show everywhere except when using the page layout "Web Part Page". The image will flash quick and revert back to the out of the box site image. I have opened all the page layouts and master pages to see if the out of the box icon is still showing, but they all have the new icon that we entered into the settings. Any idea where this is coming from? Style sheet?

Wednesday, August 31, 2016 4:29 PM

All replies

• Hi

use dev tool in your broiwser ( F12 in IExplorer ) and check which style is applied finally and are hiding the element

Modify as necesarry your style ( directly on your page or in a separate css file )

Romeo Donca, Orange Romania (MCSE, MCITP, CCNA) Please Mark As Answer if my post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if the post has been helpful for you.

Wednesday, August 31, 2016 5:35 PM
  • Hi Romeo,

I did take a look using the Dev tool prior to this and nothing really stood out. I attached a screen shoot, maybe a second set of eye will help. I am not aware of any hidden elements. Fiddler showed a couple of style sheets loading which pointed to the Themed style sheets so I tried changing the theme also.

Wednesday, August 31, 2016 7:41 PM
  • Hi,

Can  you please check if this page layout is created differently or using the different master page ?

And then see if you can find out difference in the code.

Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the answer if it helps you

Wednesday, August 31, 2016 8:58 PM
  • Hi,

Can you Press F12 and place the arrow over the site logo image on effected page, you can debug the path which one is overwritten in your page layout. Is your Page layout using the same master page ?

You can embed the logo URL directly into the master page if you want it to show up on every site which uses it and all pages that creating using page layout [you have to use this master page in page layout]

To confirm can you place this css on your layout created page and see if you can override the default css.

<style>

td.s4-titlelogo{

display: none;

}

KRISHANA KUMAR

SharePoint Architect

Mosstechnet-kk.com

Please click "Mark As Answer" if this post solves your problem or "Vote As Helpful" if it was useful

Wednesday, August 31, 2016 10:42 PM
  • Part of the problem is that I am not sure which page layout this is using. In all the master pages I can see in _catalogs I have entered a static URL to the new image and that did not work.
    Friday, September 2, 2016 12:44 AM
  • Hi,

Did you try to add and override the default css.

<style>

td.s4-titlelogo{

display: none;

}

Follow the below given instruction to add custom css on Page.

http://www.nothingbutsharepoint.com/2010/01/29/style-a-page-using-the-content-editor-web-part-and-css-aspx/

KRISHANA KUMAR

SharePoint Architect

Mosstechnet-kk.com

Please click "Mark As Answer" if this post solves your problem or "Vote As Helpful" if it was useful

Wednesday, September 7, 2016 6:51 PM