none
How to change default save location for multiple users (lab setting)

Question

• I am deploying Visual Studio 2012 Express in a lab setting where multiple users will be accessing the machines on a regular basis.  The default save location that appears is in the installer's profile (this location is not shared to all users).  How can I change this default location so that the end-users will not need to change this location when they attempt to save a project?  

Perfect scenario:  I'd like to make the default location the user's My Documents folder for all users that log into the machine.

The hard part:  These machines will not store the user's profile, so just changing the save location once for each user is not an option.

Thursday, September 1, 2016 1:34 PM

Answers

• Hi Xtnpd,

According to your description, I think your idea could not be implemented. This is the reason, if we want to implement this situation we should make sure that the modified setting can be reflected in regedit. Then we could through pushing GPP to let all use to use this setting. About GPP document please refer to the following link:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc753092(v=ws.11).aspx

Because regedit does not exist information about save path that we modified for VS, so we could not implement this situation.

Sincerely,

Oscar

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place. Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, September 2, 2016 8:58 AM