Intercept webview requests

Question

• Hello,

I am building a Windows Store App with a webview control. 

My app needs to provide a custom caching policy to the webview, serving up local content as necessary. 

1) Is it possible to intercept each request that is made by the webview while loading a page (all css, javascript, images etc) and serve it locally (similar to Android webview shouldInterceptRequest)?

2) Can a custom caching policy be specified for the webview? 

Thanks in advance

Ash

Friday, April 4, 2014 1:22 AM

Answers

• 1) I think you want DOMContentLoaded - you can parse the HTML and decide if you want to load local content.  However, there's no built-in function to make this easy.

2) No. However, once WebView caches something in its InetCache, and if that content has no expiration, that content will *always* be served from cache.  The catch on this is that if the content changes, you have to manually delete the cache.

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Friday, April 4, 2014 12:13 PM