Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0 error RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I built a application using vb2008 express which connects to ms access using ' Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0 '  and it work's perfect on my windows xp computer

but the problem starts when any user  with a  windows7  32bit  & ms office 2010 tries to work with it ...they are greeted by a error "microsoft.ace.oledb.12.0 provider is not registered"     

i have tried downloading Microsoft Access Database 2010 64 & 32  bit but that does not help

any help on this would  be very valuable 

Thank you in advance !!!

Thursday, December 13, 2012 4:04 PM

Answers

• Hi Paul,

The issue is now solved....it is to do with changing the build configuration to 32 bit in my vb express!!

Thank you for your help :)

• Marked as answer by PORUS2 Tuesday, December 18, 2012 7:43 AM
    Tuesday, December 18, 2012 7:43 AM

All replies

• I think you have identified the issues that can cause this to happen:

1) The provider isn't installed. If Office 2010 is installed the ACE OLEDB provider should already be installed. I'm assuming the Microsoft Access is working fine in this environment?

2) The app isn't running with the correct bitness. I wouldn't expect an issue if you are running completely in the 32-bit world. You can't install the 64-bit version of the Access Database Engine in a 32-bit environment.

If the OS is 32-bit then I would suspect there is a configuration probablem with the Access Database Engine or Microsoft Office.

Paul ~~~~ Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)

Friday, December 14, 2012 2:44 PM
  • Hi Paul,

I'll  check the configuration and re install ms office ...there is another discrepancy which i found on computers giving that error ...they do not have 80,90 &100 sql server sub folders in their c drive...could this be a potential root cause?

Thank you fro your time...have a great weekend!!!!!

Saturday, December 15, 2012 6:24 AM
  • The SQL Server installations would not be related to the Access Database Engine configuration. The ACE OLEDB Provider (2010) is installed under C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\OFFICE14.

Saturday, December 15, 2012 1:47 PM
  • Hi Paul,

The issue is now solved....it is to do with changing the build configuration to 32 bit in my vb express!!

Thank you for your help :)

• Marked as answer by PORUS2 Tuesday, December 18, 2012 7:43 AM
    Tuesday, December 18, 2012 7:43 AM
  • Oops! So you *were* running 64-bit Windows afterall. ;-)

Tuesday, December 18, 2012 1:20 PM