none
Long pause when starting and ending a debugging session RRS feed

• Question

• I recently upgraded from VS2017 15.9.7 to 15.9.14 and have found that there's now about a 15 second pause from clicking "Start" to the program's form appearing. For most of this time there's a blank VS window saying "[Not responding]". The same happens when I close the program being debugged. Any idea what's going on and, preferably, how to get rid of it?

Peter

Friday, August 2, 2019 2:48 PM

Answers

• Have you tried to closing the project, go to the project folder in windows explorer and delete the obj and bin folder then do a rebuild followed by running the project via a debug session?

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmarked them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.

NuGet BaseConnectionLibrary for database connections.

StackOverFlow
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange

• Marked as answer by ptoye Friday, August 2, 2019 5:12 PM
    Friday, August 2, 2019 3:21 PM

All replies

• Have you tried to closing the project, go to the project folder in windows explorer and delete the obj and bin folder then do a rebuild followed by running the project via a debug session?

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmarked them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.

StackOverFlow

• Marked as answer by ptoye Friday, August 2, 2019 5:12 PM
    Friday, August 2, 2019 3:21 PM
  • I hadn't heard of that one. Now seems to be working fine.

Thanks very much Karen.

Peter

Friday, August 2, 2019 5:13 PM
  • I hadn't heard of that one. Now seems to be working fine.

Thanks very much Karen.

Peter

Your welcome, this is not something documented, learned this from issues I've encountered where the compiler didn't know things were out of sync.

StackOverFlow

Friday, August 2, 2019 5:25 PM