Azure - Publish Error RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Having a problem when trying to publish my first azure web app to cloud.

Have downloaded publish profile from Azure portal (latest preview version at manage.windowsazure.com) but when I attempt to import this in to VStudio 2010 get error

' .net publish settings does not contaon valid publish settings for windwos azure.'

Using VStudio 2010 Permium SP1Rel, any ideas.....

As a further test have just set up a new Azure project from scratch using VStudio wizard with a a default.aspx web page, works ok under emulator but again when I try to import publish profile get same error.

Dale

• Edited by DJRRRRR Tuesday, June 26, 2012 3:55 PM Futher test
    Tuesday, June 26, 2012 2:13 PM

Answers

• Guarav,

Thanks I'm using the Azure preview portal and was trying to publish my azure web role project to a web site, I've since learned that this would need to run as a Cloud Service. 

Dale

• Marked as answer by DJRRRRR Thursday, June 28, 2012 1:54 PM
    Thursday, June 28, 2012 1:54 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Did you download the publish profile by clicking the link on the publish dialog in visual studio? The exact steps are described in the article below.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windowsazure/hh535756.aspx

If you have following the steps mentioned above and still running into this issue, it might be helpful if you can provide the contents of the publish profile file that is getting downloaded. It is a file with name containing ".publishsettings". If you are sharing the contents of this file, please exclude any sensitive information from it like management certificates etc.

-Gaurav

• Proposed as answer by Phani_tpk Wednesday, June 27, 2012 10:03 AM
    Tuesday, June 26, 2012 5:49 PM
  • Guarav,

Thanks I'm using the Azure preview portal and was trying to publish my azure web role project to a web site, I've since learned that this would need to run as a Cloud Service. 

Dale

• Marked as answer by DJRRRRR Thursday, June 28, 2012 1:54 PM
    Thursday, June 28, 2012 1:54 PM