Deployment on Windows Azure takes too much time for very small application RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Team,

I have prepare one page application on web role & also very small logic on worker role but when i am deploying that package in Windows Azure, it takes too much time.

Herewith check my screenshot. strange is at the mid of the deployment, it gives me green symbol which means i can use that link but still the process not gets completed.

Regards, Brijesh Shah

Friday, April 19, 2013 11:17 AM

Answers

• Seems like web role is good...and it is the worker role which is recycling continuously...did you try debugging worker role in emulator first to see if everything is OK and worker is going into ready state?
    Friday, April 19, 2013 1:37 PM
  • Hi,

For this situation I think first you need to check if the server side service is running well in your region from the dashboard. Then you can deploy your project again, or using something other ways to deploy such as powershell or tool. Double check if the changing part in your project may cause the issue.

Thanks,

QinDian Tang
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Tuesday, April 23, 2013 2:07 AM

All replies

• Seems like web role is good...and it is the worker role which is recycling continuously...did you try debugging worker role in emulator first to see if everything is OK and worker is going into ready state?
    Friday, April 19, 2013 1:37 PM
  • Hi,

The worker role is re-cycling. This usually causes by several situations such as some references missing or wrong, forget to set Copylocal to true or still using local connectionstring in the package.

Thanks,

QinDian Tang
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, April 22, 2013 7:09 AM
  • Hi Friends,

I don't think there is any such type of error because it was published before & running well. Just there are some coding (logical) issue which i correct & redeploy.

Regards, Brijesh Shah

Monday, April 22, 2013 12:09 PM
  • Hi,

For this situation I think first you need to check if the server side service is running well in your region from the dashboard. Then you can deploy your project again, or using something other ways to deploy such as powershell or tool. Double check if the changing part in your project may cause the issue.

Thanks,

QinDian Tang

Tuesday, April 23, 2013 2:07 AM