Add Keys failing for Azure key vault RRS feed

• Question

• When I Add key to Azure key vault, it fails with the error message "Operation CREATE not allowed"

On seeing fiddler logs of "New-AzureKeyVault" powershell cmdlet, I could see an objectid being part of the request? What does that object-id refer to?
    Sunday, July 19, 2015 5:28 PM

Answers

• I tried to create Key-Vault using REST API and not using Powershell Cmdlets.

I did not set the AccessPolicies property and hence ended up in getting the error "Operation CREATE not allowed".

Now that I am setting the access policies, it works fine.

Thanks

Friday, July 24, 2015 12:02 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for posting.
     We are looking into this and will post a reply soon.
     your patience is appreciated.

Regards,
    Nithin Rathnakar

Monday, July 20, 2015 4:27 PM
  • Hi Ponsakthi,

From your query, I understand that you have already created a key vault using New-AzureKeyVault and trying to add the keys to the same.

Have you followed the article to Add a key [ Add a key or secret to the key vault ] and you still get the error " Operation CREATE not allowed " ?

Could you share the exact screen shot of error and the syntax you have used to add the key.

Meanwhile, we will write back on any findings on your queries.

Regards,

Shirisha Paderu

Wednesday, July 22, 2015 1:45 PM
  • Hi Ponsakthi,

We need more information regarding this key vault, specifically the ‘Access Policies’ section.
    1.Could you provide the output of ‘Get-AzureKeyVault –VaultName <vaultname>’
    2.The complete error message will also help us.

Regards,

Shirisha Paderu

Thursday, July 23, 2015 8:54 AM
  • Hi,

Any update ?

Regards,

Shirisha Paderu

Friday, July 24, 2015 11:52 AM
  • I tried to create Key-Vault using REST API and not using Powershell Cmdlets.

I did not set the AccessPolicies property and hence ended up in getting the error "Operation CREATE not allowed".

Now that I am setting the access policies, it works fine.

Thanks

Friday, July 24, 2015 12:02 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for the updated response.

Regards,

Shirisha Paderu

Friday, July 24, 2015 12:16 PM