NUnit test code failed to execute on team service RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

My unit test code is implemented with the latest NUnit assembly. I have NUnit Adapter installed on my local, and the unit tests work very well with VS unit test explorer. I also enabled nuget restore feature in my solution.

But when I try to build and execute unit test on the team service, I got following error when it tries to execute the tests.

Information: NUnit VS Adapter 2.0.0.0 executing tests is started
    Information: NUnit VS Adapter 2.0.0.0 executing tests is finished
    Error: Exception NUnit.Core.UnsupportedFrameworkException, Exception thrown executing tests in C:\a\1\s\CacheUnityTest\bin\Release\CacheUnityTest.dll
    Warning: No test is available in C:\a\1\s\CacheUnityTest\bin\Release\CacheUnityTest.dll. Make sure that installed test discoverers & executors, platform & framework version settings are appropriate and try again.

What do I miss here?

Thanks,

David

Regards, David Shen

• Moved by John Qiao Monday, December 14, 2015 7:49 AM
    • Moved by Sunil Hurkadli Tuesday, January 12, 2016 10:15 AM Not related to VSO
    Monday, December 14, 2015 4:15 AM

All replies

• Hi David,  

Thanks for your post.

As you’re using VS Online, I moved this post to VS Online forum for the better response.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place. Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, December 14, 2015 7:48 AM
  • Hi David,

How do you install the NUnit Adapter, from Extensions or NuGet Packages? Please install it from NuGet and run your test again to check whether still has the same problem.

https://www.nuget.org/packages/NUnitTestAdapter/

In addition, please run your test locally to check whether it has the same problem in locally.

If yes, this problem is related to your test project. Please refer to the fourth reply in Q and A of NUnit Test Adapter, which is similar with your problem.

https://visualstudiogallery.msdn.microsoft.com/6ab922d0-21c0-4f06-ab5f-4ecd1fe7175d/view/Discussions

If works fine in locally, please check your team service whether it caused by the team service configuration.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

Wednesday, January 13, 2016 2:59 AM