none
Need Help with Bubble Sort(Visual basic 2012) RRS feed

• Question

• I am currently creating a program for my Advanced Higher Computing Science Project.

Basically the program reads in a file and then asks the user to input data. The program then sort the entered data in descending order by using a Bubble Sort. Then my program will check if there are any duplicates in the entered data. If there are any then I will use one of the other lists to sort it according to which out of the duplicates has the highest number in the other list. However I can seem to get this working using a bubble sort and was looking for any advice on how to complete this task by using a bubble sort or by using a simple selection sort.

Thanks, Adam.

Tuesday, December 13, 2016 11:23 AM

Answers

• Adam,

Sorry but you have posted to a forum that deals exclusively with customization and programming of Microsoft Project, a project management application. I suggest you re-post to the following forum:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/home?forum=vbgeneral

And just as a general suggestion when you re-post, be sure to provide enough detail such that someone can understand enough to actually be able to help you. For example, you mention input from the user and then you mention "other lists". What are the other lists and how do they relate to the input data? You also mention that the program reads in a file. What is the file? How does it relate to the input data and the other lists? An example would be very helpful.

John

Tuesday, December 13, 2016 2:20 PM