none
PGP services for email not started RRS feed

• Question

• I have a project where I am building a windows form to run from a server, without installation, using a file share.  It is in the testing phase right now and when I run it from my dev laptop, it works fine and one of my QA testers noted that she gets a message from Symantec about Encryption Desktop.  'Unable to Secure Messages' and then gives her a selection to Secure messages, Allow unsecured messages, or prohibit messages.  I do NOT want our standard end users to have to see this.  As the application will be in a file server share, does the PGP services need to be running on this server (or would it be the client), or the SMTP server that is notated in code, or should I put in a call to our security team or Symantec?

These emails should be secure as they might contain PHI data, but mostly they are used for business process flows.

Thanks for the information

Brad Allison

Monday, July 1, 2019 3:02 PM

Answers

• Hi 

Thank you for posting here.

For your question, you don't want to the users see the selection messages. I suggest that you could write an encryption program when sending email. I find the following link, you could have a look at it.

https://www.emailarchitect.net/easendmail/kb/csharp.aspx?cat=10

Best Regards,

Jack

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, July 2, 2019 8:56 AM