Keyboard Filter Service - Does not work if keyboard not connected at bootup RRS feed

• Question

• Hoping someone can help - We're going to be using WES7 on various kiosks sitting in stores that should not normally need keyboard interaction (except in the case of some kind of failure). We're using the Keyboard Filter Service to perform key blocking and during testing I noticed that the Keyboard Filter Service did not block any keys under the following circumstance:

1. Computer is booted up WITHOUT a keyboard connected

2. Keyboard is connected to the computer. Key blocking does not work

I did verify that the Keyboard Filtering Service was running, the registry keys for the blocked keys existed, and I'm not showing any errors in Event Viewer for KFS. If the Keyboard Filter Service is manually restarted with a keyboard connected, filtering starts working. It always works when a keyboard is connected at reboot.

This is a rather large problem for us as it is not ideal (or in many cases possible) for us to leave a keyboard connected to the kiosks 24/7. I did see this problem mentioned in another topic, however it had nothing to do with the topic in question (How do I get KFS?) and there's been no activity for months so I thought I'd create a dedicated topic on the issue.

Monday, March 4, 2013 2:45 PM

All replies

• Hi LagosR,

Can you please check for the updates related to Keyboard filter on WEDU.

The update kb2685747 will fix the issue of keyboard filter not blocking the desired keys when a keyboard is unplugged and plugged in after OS boots.

I hope this will solve the problem you are facing with keyboard filter.

Regards,

Charan

• Proposed as answer by CharanS Tuesday, March 5, 2013 6:46 PM
    Monday, March 4, 2013 10:48 PM