Best practice for Extension/ Attached Azure storage for SFTP server? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am planning to deploy Azure windows VM and make it SFTP server using Crushftp. But VM disk storage will not be used as destination storage, rather We want to use any Azure storage (Blob, ADLS gen1/ ADLS gen2). questions:

1) which one should be the best to use as attached storage for SFTP server?

2) The plan for SFTP server as I am going to deploy is a right choice or any other better solution for it?

Thanks

Tuesday, April 9, 2019 6:44 PM

Answers

• @Sajjad765, Thanks for posting here!

CrushFTP supports Microsoft Azure File share as virtual file system item. It requires a Storage Account and File Services Shares (It does not cover other services like Tables, Blob files etc. yet ).

For more information and support related to CrushFTP, you can check the following link on CrushFTP website here. See if that helps you!

I would recommend you to refer how to create a Azure file share to get more info on Azure file storage. Hope this helps you!

Kindly, let us know if you need any further assistance on this.

• Proposed as answer by YASWANTH MADI Wednesday, April 10, 2019 10:05 AM
    • Marked as answer by Sajjad765 Friday, April 12, 2019 9:01 PM
    Wednesday, April 10, 2019 10:04 AM
  • Hi,

You can create a file share with in azure vm and use that for ftp purpose. I have published a blob to explain the procedure to attach a file share. Once you are done with that, setup sftp within that VM and assign the storage for sftp

http://cloudcompute.info/use-an-azure-file-share-with-windows/

Regards From: Exchange Online | World of Cloud Computing

Wednesday, April 10, 2019 11:36 AM

All replies

• @Sajjad765, Thanks for posting here!

CrushFTP supports Microsoft Azure File share as virtual file system item. It requires a Storage Account and File Services Shares (It does not cover other services like Tables, Blob files etc. yet ).

For more information and support related to CrushFTP, you can check the following link on CrushFTP website here. See if that helps you!

I would recommend you to refer how to create a Azure file share to get more info on Azure file storage. Hope this helps you!

Kindly, let us know if you need any further assistance on this.

• Proposed as answer by YASWANTH MADI Wednesday, April 10, 2019 10:05 AM
    Wednesday, April 10, 2019 10:04 AM
  • Hi,

You can create a file share with in azure vm and use that for ftp purpose. I have published a blob to explain the procedure to attach a file share. Once you are done with that, setup sftp within that VM and assign the storage for sftp

http://cloudcompute.info/use-an-azure-file-share-with-windows/

Regards From: Exchange Online | World of Cloud Computing

Wednesday, April 10, 2019 11:36 AM