none
Problem re-installing the .net framework after having issues with it. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,
    I've recently had to do a system restore, which did solve the original issue, but screwed up my .net framework (2.0). I've had this happen before, and previously solved it by uninstalling and reinstalling the .net framework. This time, however, after uninstallation, it refuses to let me reinstall it , telling me that  "setup cannot continue because this version of the .net framework is incompatible with a previously installed one." It's also referring me to a microsoft article that no longer exists.  Following this, I went to System Restore to try and undo the bad restoration, but there was no such option available. It had deleted all previous information. So then I tried uninstalling the .net framework 1.1 which was still on my computer, but that didn't help. I also tried to install the 3.0 version, but it  shuts down halfway through saying something along the same lines.

I'm using Windows XP with Office 2003, and the only thing this really affects for me is this outlook add-on that I use to plan my life, called PlanPlus for Outlook- the software uses the .net framework for something and will not load.
    I've basically tried everything I know, nothing has worked.
    Any ideas?

Saturday, June 14, 2008 11:03 AM

Answers