DBML RRS feed

• Question

• Hi frnd.
    I have Doubt and Query
    See.i have active form(WPF) where i m inserting Data through the DataContext(dbml File) but after submitchanges() .data is not displaying In database (My form is active its not get close/unload)...
    Monday, August 3, 2009 1:41 PM

Answers

• Hi Diwik,

When the application is complied, the .dbml file is by default copied to the bin folder, this copied file is the one where the inserts are occurring, but you're viewing the original .dbml file, so you're seeing no inserts.

And please notice that, value of the "Copy to Output Directory " property of the dbml file is set to "Copy Always" by default, which means the .dbml file in the bin folder will be copied every time you build, debug, or run your application. So when you run the application the next time, the .dbml file will be overwritten to the orignial version, if you don't want the database to be overwritten every time, you can set the value of the "Copy to Output Directory" to "Copy If Newer ", check this MSDN document for more information:

Local Data Overview 
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms233817(VS.80).aspx

If anything is unclear, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,
    Zhi-Xin

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Send us any feedback you have about the help from MSFT at fbmsdn@microsoft.com .
    • Marked as answer by Zhi-Xin Ye Monday, August 10, 2009 12:29 PM
    Monday, August 10, 2009 8:48 AM