Booking reservation system - stuck on how to update clients RRS feed

• Question

• User-331009151 posted

Hi all, still a newbie at SignalR but loving it! So far I have managed to get my required setup to use cross domain connections and created a simple task app that updates all clients connected in real time. Now I need to start on the actual project.

At the moment what I need to do below is simply a push broadcast from the server when an event or events are updated and ther appropriate clients need to be notified.

I am building an event ticket reservation and booking system and I need to be able to update clients in real time when a reservation or booking is made against a specific event. I am struggling to get my head around as to how to do this as not all clients will be looking at the same event or list of events at the same time so I need to be able to only update the list of events or single event that the client is currently viewing. I am guessing this is where unique client ID's need to be used in the subscription?

So a user loads a page that lists events. This page needs to subscribe to my 'Hub' and somehow identify itself with a list of event ID's or a single event ID?

Can anybody give me any pointers on how to go about this and point me in the direction of any examples?

Many thanks in advance.

Friday, April 8, 2016 2:00 PM

Answers