How do I add an attachment field in a data form? RRS feed

• Question

• I've created a data form which posts data to a custom list. The person filling in the form may need to add an attachment before submitting. How do I add an attachment field?
    Tuesday, April 23, 2013 6:52 AM

Answers

• I think Hemendra has the right idea. If you go into the list and allow attachments you should get the attachment option in the bar that is created on the top of the form.

List options image:

Item menu:

Friday, May 31, 2013 8:32 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Attachment is already available for list item in sharepoint so can you please tell us how you have created data form?

Please provide more detail about your issue so we could help

Hemendra: "Yesterday is just a memory,Tomorrow we may never see"

Whenever you see a reply and if you think is helpful, click "Alternate TextVote As Helpful"! And whenever you see a reply being an answer to the question of the thread, click "Alternate TextMark As Answer

Please feel free to unmark answer if does not resolves your problem.

Tuesday, April 23, 2013 8:33 AM
  • Thank you, I appreciate your help...

• I create new aspx page
    • I insert New Item Form and pick the custom list I have already created
    • At bottom of page I try insert Attachment by selecting it from "Current Date Source" fields then I click "Insert Selected Field as..." now I don't know which option to choose:|

Would appreciate your advice, thanks

Tuesday, April 23, 2013 8:50 AM
  • Still can't get this working:|
    Thursday, May 30, 2013 1:56 PM
  • I think Hemendra has the right idea. If you go into the list and allow attachments you should get the attachment option in the bar that is created on the top of the form.

List options image:

Item menu:

Friday, May 31, 2013 8:32 PM