none
Dogs and Cats? RRS feed

• Question

• Is it possible to define a new kind of skeleton, such as one for 4 legged animals such as cats and dogs?
    Thomas M. Riverside Robotics www.robots-and-androids.com
    Sunday, August 21, 2011 5:15 AM

Answers

• There is no way for other kinds of skeletons to be tracked by API. Kinect for Windows SDK Beta is only tested and optimized for full (20-joint) human skeletons.

That being said, if you're willing to go through the work of recognizing a different kind of skeleton directly from the raw depth data provided by Kinect SDK, then it is possible. It's just that the Kinect SDK will not perform the skeleton tracking for you in this case.

Eddy

I'm here to help
    Monday, August 22, 2011 8:35 PM

All replies

• It would be nice to know, especially since my dog always walks right in front of the sensor while I'm doing something.
    Sunday, August 21, 2011 8:00 PM
  • There is no way for other kinds of skeletons to be tracked by API. Kinect for Windows SDK Beta is only tested and optimized for full (20-joint) human skeletons.

That being said, if you're willing to go through the work of recognizing a different kind of skeleton directly from the raw depth data provided by Kinect SDK, then it is possible. It's just that the Kinect SDK will not perform the skeleton tracking for you in this case.

Eddy

I'm here to help
    Monday, August 22, 2011 8:35 PM
  • Thanks.
    Thomas M. Riverside Robotics www.robots-and-androids.com
    Monday, August 22, 2011 9:46 PM