none
Multiple item form - SharePoint 2007 designer DVWP RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Environment: SharePoint 2007 version: 12.0.0.6661, IE 8.0

Requirement

I need to have a multiple item form where user can edit and submit multiple items/records at a time
    to the list. My form consists of various data type fields such as dropdowns, radio buttons, Yes/No check
    box and text boxes. If the yes/no check box is not checked, need to check for the required validations
    of radio buttons and if radio buttons are selected as “No”, then the drop downs are to disabled. After
    all the validations, the data is submitted to the list. My list is having around 38000 items with some pre-
    populated data. So these data to be shown on to the custom form with required validations like disable
    of drop downs too.

Here is what I have done so far:

1. Created a new aspx form from SharePoint designer and add DVWP.
    2. Modified the data source to fetch specific fields, and sorting.
    3. Inserted the data fields as “Multiple item form” to the DVWP.
    4. Applied filtering on DVWP using the query parameters (current user logon).
    5. Wrote JQuery and JavaScripts to validate the conditions as required.
    6. Wrote JQery using SPServices to update one particular field of type Yes/No in the list.
    7. Used the SharePoint default submit function (GenFireServerEvent ) to submit rest of the data as
    bounded to the controls.

Issue

With the above steps, I am able to validate and submit data with no issues only for very few records (10
    to 15). If the records are increased above 20, the validation takes too long to run through the loops and
    the IE browser throws the script error of “A script running on this page is causing IE to run slowly….”.
    With this error, I have applied pagination of 10 per page. At this point, the validation is done only for the
    current 10 items and the submission too. If I move the next page, the changes on the first/previous page
    are not captured while submitting data along with validation issue.

Please help me in achieving this. I am not sure whether my approach is correct. If not, please guide me
    how can I achieve this functionality.

Wednesday, October 31, 2012 4:18 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for your post.

I'm trying to involve someone familiar with this topic to further look at this issue. Appreciate your patience.

Thanks & Regards,
    Emir Liu
    TechNet Subscriber Support in forum
    If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Emir Liu

TechNet Community Support

Thursday, November 1, 2012 10:57 AM
  • Hi,

Anyone any ideas on this. I have been waiting on this for long time.

Regards

Diya

Wednesday, November 14, 2012 4:00 PM
  • Hello Diyach,

I tested DataFormWebPart with Paging using SharePoint Designer. I don't use extra JavaScript and it works okay.
    Two options for you:
    1. Pass the item IDs that you want to edit with query string to the form page which includes the DataFormWebPart. DataFormWebPart uses the item IDs to filter, this way you only deal with selected items.

2. Debugging JavaScript problem with IE developement tool.

Regards,

Jing Wang | Microsoft Online Community Support

Monday, January 28, 2013 10:55 PM