What are my options if i need localized texts from (multiple) databases when building MVC site RRS feed

• Question

• User116137058 posted

Hi,

We are building an MVC Web application that serves multiple customers. Each customer has the option to customize text messages. The messages will be placed in the customers database. Each request is matched to a customer in beginrequest and a connection for the request is made available to the customers database. So far I have not been able find a good solution to have MVC pull text from SQL.

Suggestions any one?

Tuesday, August 14, 2012 3:03 AM

Answers

• User116137058 posted

Obviously it is possible to store and retrieve texts like any other object from a database. However I have not found any thing in the turorials that explains how to do localization using database texts, with the possible exception of custom validations where you can roll your own. It makes using the standard validation and clientside validation facilities next to useless. Lucky enough there is still a lot of good stuff in the MVC left that we can use.

But why not just say so: Localization with texts stored in DB is not supporten at this time. <- period.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, October 17, 2013 3:06 AM

All replies

• User197322208 posted

So far I have not been able find a good solution to have MVC pull text from SQL.

Did you follow some tutorials from http://www.asp.net/mvc ?!

Tuesday, August 14, 2012 9:01 AM
  • User116137058 posted

Which particular MVC tutorial addresses the issue?!

Wednesday, October 16, 2013 3:38 AM
  • User197322208 posted

You said: I have not been able find a good solution to have MVC pull text from SQL.

http://www.asp.net/mvc/overview/models-%28data%29

However I strongly reccomend to work entire tutorials

Thursday, October 17, 2013 12:31 AM
  • User116137058 posted

Obviously it is possible to store and retrieve texts like any other object from a database. However I have not found any thing in the turorials that explains how to do localization using database texts, with the possible exception of custom validations where you can roll your own. It makes using the standard validation and clientside validation facilities next to useless. Lucky enough there is still a lot of good stuff in the MVC left that we can use.

But why not just say so: Localization with texts stored in DB is not supporten at this time. <- period.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, October 17, 2013 3:06 AM
  • Thursday, October 17, 2013 5:10 AM
  • User116137058 posted

Thanks, that is a great post on the codeproject Laughing

Friday, October 18, 2013 3:36 AM