Blinking in IE7 but not Firefox RRS feed

• Question

• User-744150743 posted

I have an icon image z-ordered in front of another image which I move around over the larger image when the button is pressed. This works well in Firefox - the icon moves and the larger image does not refresh. But in IE7, the entire page gets refreshed each time the button is pressed, producing a very annoying blink. Debugging verifies that it is a postback in both browsers. Is there any way to prevent this in IE7?

Wednesday, December 17, 2008 10:38 PM

All replies

• User459955333 posted

you may want to disable that postback unless absolutely necessary ... from what i can figure out is that you just want to set position properties of an image upon a button click. You can do this using javascript on the client side. add to the button  onclick="return moveImage();"

function moveImage()
    {
    //set position attributes of the image

return false;
    }

if you do require the postback ... consider using ajax ..

Monday, December 22, 2008 5:59 AM
  • User-744150743 posted

gravyty - Thanks for your reply. I'm aware that I could move the image around with client script, but I have to use the postback to occasionally replace another image and a label's contents. However, the image under the icon (a map) is never changed. As I said, it works smoothly in Firefox without refreshing the map image, whereas in IE the whole page blinks. Don't know what's happening in other browsers.

Is this something that Ajax could help with?

Monday, December 22, 2008 2:42 PM
  • User459955333 posted

Ajax can definitely solve your problem ... because it allows you to do the postback ... without refreshing the page... i dont know what exactly is causing your problem since im not an expert in cross browser compat stuff .. but just give ajax a try ...

Monday, December 29, 2008 3:32 AM
  • User-1826411534 posted
    This gonna solve your problem :D

<meta http-equiv="Page-Enter" content="Alpha(opacity=100)" />

Cheers!
    Wednesday, February 3, 2010 11:38 AM