Side scrolling, Man walking, need more development help RRS feed

• Question

• Here's MRG414

A complete rewrite, BUT! In the "falling off platforms" section, activated by If TryThis Then, this seems to make the jump button unreliable when standing on a platform but not on the ground. Make TryThis = "unTrue" at the top of the code and the jumping is way better!

Anybody have any thoughts on this one?

Sunday, June 17, 2012 3:15 AM

Answers

• Here's the latest MRG414-0

I went at it a little differently and got it working! I think with some more thought I cound combine the "jump onto platform" and "fall off platform" routines to make things more effiecient.

Next? I think I will come up with a theme and strategy for the game, I just want to get the controls just right before moving on.

For those who have taken the time to figure out the code, please let me know of your thoughts to make it better, I'll be sure to give credit for any input and THANK YOU in advance for your time.

• Marked as answer by JKrueg Wednesday, June 20, 2012 12:51 PM
    Sunday, June 17, 2012 1:21 PM

All replies

• Oh! I was playing w/ your code a week ago and forgotten to publish it!

That old code is: MRX202-0

Gonna take a look on your newest code later!

Click on "Propose As Answer" if some post solves your problem or "Vote As Helpful" if some post has been useful to you! (^_^)

Sunday, June 17, 2012 4:49 AM
    Answerer
  • A few hours later; I realize my checks for the "falling off platforms" is making Jump = "True" when I don't want it to. I need to figure a different way to check the array but my brain is mush, I'll try again in the morning!

Sunday, June 17, 2012 6:02 AM
  • Here's the latest MRG414-0

I went at it a little differently and got it working! I think with some more thought I cound combine the "jump onto platform" and "fall off platform" routines to make things more effiecient.

Next? I think I will come up with a theme and strategy for the game, I just want to get the controls just right before moving on.

For those who have taken the time to figure out the code, please let me know of your thoughts to make it better, I'll be sure to give credit for any input and THANK YOU in advance for your time.

• Marked as answer by JKrueg Wednesday, June 20, 2012 12:51 PM
    Sunday, June 17, 2012 1:21 PM