none
Connection string for Azure sql database using "Azure active directory - password"? RRS feed

• Question

• I have to connect my Azure database from the application server using Azure active directory authentication.

I have created a service account in Azure active directory and through SSMS I can connect using the option "Azure active directory - Password". but we need to make changes in the connection string in Appserver.exe or web.config to connect to Azure database using "Azure active directory - Password".

Has anyone from the implemented this configuration or know what changes I need to make.

There are less information on the documentation, let me know if anyone can help on this.?

Current configuration we use to connect is SQL username and password and string is: 

<connectionStrings>
        <add name="abcDB" connectionString="Server=tcp:xyz.database.windows.net,1433;Initial Catalog=ADVDB;Persist Security Info=False;User ID=yyyyyy;Password=xxxxx$3;MultipleActiveResultSets=False;Encrypt=True;TrustServerCertificate=False;Connection Timeout=30;database=ADVDB" />
      </connectionStrings>
    Tuesday, October 27, 2020 9:00 AM