none
Premium Ultimate my company downgraded my subscription

Question

• My company downgraded my MSDN from Ultimate to Professional. My Visual Studio has stopped working. Is it necessary to uninstall Visual Studio and reinstall to get it working again?

R, J

Saturday, January 16, 2016 9:17 PM

Answers

• Yes. I believe you have to uninstall fully the Ultimate version and then install a fresh Professional version.
    • Marked as answer by Crakdkorn Saturday, January 16, 2016 9:34 PM
    Saturday, January 16, 2016 9:28 PM

All replies

• Yes. I believe you have to uninstall fully the Ultimate version and then install a fresh Professional version.
    • Marked as answer by Crakdkorn Saturday, January 16, 2016 9:34 PM
    Saturday, January 16, 2016 9:28 PM
  • Licenses aren’t what they once were.  Already started uninstalling.  What a pain.  Who knew?

R, J

Saturday, January 16, 2016 9:34 PM
  • Licenses aren’t what they once were.  Already started uninstalling.  What a pain.  Who knew?

R, J

I understand your pain. It wasn't a big deal when install/removal only took seconds. But Visual Studio is so enormous now, installation is a big deal.

Frankly, however, I think the culprit is your company, not Microsoft.

Saturday, January 16, 2016 9:51 PM
  • A small bird came up to my ear and told me things about them but I apparently didn't listen. <g>

To the point, I can remember it taking several hours to install the premium 2003 Visual Studio.

R, J

• Edited by Crakdkorn Saturday, January 16, 2016 9:56 PM
    Saturday, January 16, 2016 9:55 PM
  • A small bird came up to my ear and told me things about them but I apparently didn't listen. <g>

To the point, I can remember it taking several hours to install the premium 2003 Visual Studio.

That does bring back memories. I don't remember it taking that long, but I do remember that VS 2002 was one of the weakest versions of VS to hit the market, and VS 2003 thankfully fixed many of the bugs and shortcomings (as well as moving forward from .NET 1.0 to 1.1). And then Visual Studio 2005 was even better.

Saturday, January 16, 2016 10:03 PM