Sync app data created by user across windows 8 devices

• Hi,

In my app user can enter a set of data and I am storing the data file in local folder.

Now I am planning to provide sync option so that user can access and add data across his win 8 devices .

I found 2 ways to do it .

1. Write file to roaming folder . SO that OS automatically sync the data . Here we have a problem like the data file may exceeds 100kb .

2. Upload file to skydive and implement our own sync mechanism .  In this case, what will happen if the user delete the file directly from his skydive ? Can we block the user from deleting the file explicitly?

Is there any other option available ? Can i go with option 2 ? Any help will be greatly appreciated :)

Wednesday, July 24, 2013 6:13 PM

• If you have too much data to sync with the roaming folders then your next best option is to use your own cloud service.

Skydrive is designed for user data, not for app data. It's a good place for users to save documents, etc. but apps cannot save internal data that the user isn't aware of. The user owns their Skydrive data and can keep or delete it whenever they like.

Wednesday, July 24, 2013 7:24 PM