SignTool Help

Question

• hi I have a slight problem...I compiled some Microsoft programs to make a super easy to use bat to pack, extract, make certificates and sign appx's however I cannot figure out how to make my certificate sign my NEWPackage.appx...I have added my .Cer and .PFX to my Machine Trusted Root Authorities...heres the line in my bat that is suppose to make the newly created certificate sign the NEWPackage.appx    

SignTool

SignTool sign /v /fd SHA256 /f MyCertificate.pfx NEWPackage.appx

I have edited the appxmanifest.xml to match up to my newly made Certificate however im not sure if im doing it wrong.

Im new to all this so be gentle

Heres my bat! well apparently I cant add links how stupid anyways if u want my compiled bat message me

Friday, September 05, 2014 2:16 PM

Answers

All replies

• I made my certificate with no password that's why theres no /p after MyCertificate.pfx...the only reason I have made my certificate with nno p[assword was for testing reasons...as soon as I figure out the right SignTool command I will make a new certificate with a password
    Friday, September 05, 2014 2:18 PM
  • Hi SkateTrash420,

I think you could ref to the documentation: How to sign an app package using SignTool for how to use the SignTool with a correct command. Also a blog: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/wsdevsol/archive/2014/02/12/create-a-windows-store-appx-package-and-sign-it.aspx you could also see how to use this tool.

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Monday, September 08, 2014 5:12 AM