Custom Bitmap problem RRS feed

• Question

• I am pretty sure that this has been asked before but I have been stuck on this for a while.

I am moving an add-in to VS Package. The problem is that if I use the default bitmap strip the icons on the tools menu show up. If I change the id to point to the custom bitmap strip (in resource.h) the custom icons do not display.

The custom bitmap strip is 80x16 and created with Adobe Illustrator, (exported as a 32bit bitmap)

I think it has to do with the bitmap itself, I have tried background 255:0:255, etc.

Any suggestions?
    Friday, April 6, 2007 2:44 PM

Answers

• I tried to modify the default bitmap that comes with the wizard and it worked. So I will stick to that for now. Thanks for your help!!
    Monday, April 16, 2007 2:18 PM

All replies

• Jose,

I believe it must be a 24bit bitmap strip.

I've done a similar conversion about 2 years ago. You're welcome to ping me if you have some add-it-to-package conversion questions. Good luck.

Friday, April 6, 2007 7:14 PM
  • Sergey:

Thanks! I will give it a shot and report the outcome.
    Saturday, April 7, 2007 8:10 AM
  • Jose,

There is no need for that bitmap to be a strip.

Basically you can have single bitmaps, with different guids.

Download VSIPFactory http://www.codeplex.com/vsipfactory, and there you have a recipe that automates the creation of a VS command plus other cool things Smile.

Pablo

Saturday, April 7, 2007 4:36 PM
  • Pablo:

Thanks, I will try this out. I was aware that the bitmaps do not need to be a strip. I was having trouble with the format of the bitmap: 32 bitness, transparency, that sort of thing.

Thanks again
    Saturday, April 7, 2007 8:55 PM
  • I know this is plainly obvious a lot of people but I can not seem to get around this problem:

The *.ctc is correct, the various *.h are also correct.

The problem arises when I change resource.h from

#define IDB_MENU_IMAGES                     300 -> default 32 bitmap strip that is generated by VS wizards

to

#define IDB_MENU_IMAGES                     XXX -> my bitmap.

I have tried 32 and  24 bit bitmaps. None gets displayed.

Do I need to create the bitmap with some special? What am I missing here?

Thanks a lot !!
    Sunday, April 15, 2007 9:22 PM
  • I tried to modify the default bitmap that comes with the wizard and it worked. So I will stick to that for now. Thanks for your help!!
    Monday, April 16, 2007 2:18 PM